Friday 30 March 2012

Newborn Photography

My son is turning ten tomorrow and this made me think of the newborn photos I have of him.  I am sad to say that when he was born I did not own a digital camera and I don't really have any good pics of his first few months.  While I was in the moment it did not matter that much, but now it does.  Taking baby photographs is a essential part of raising a child.

So here I am today with only a few pics I took his first Christmas (and they are not very good).  It is hard to remember how his tiny little body (only 2.3kg) used to look.  And now for the irony, now I make a living taking beautiful newborn photos of other kids.  I wish I could turn back the clock and start over, because I would surely do it differently.

So here is some advise to new mommies, buy a camera, no matter if its a point and shoot or a SLR, but start today and capture those moments, because if you miss it, it is gone forever.  Don't wait for the special occasions, shoot them while they sleep, eat or bath.  It is those everyday moments which you miss the most.

Cilliers happy 10th birthday and enjoy your dad & son camp experience in the bush.  I love you very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment